Monday 7 January 2013

My Daily-ish Shower Routine.



I don't know about you but I have a dislike of showering- I must have been a cat in a previous life or something. This is possibly due to the length of my hair, it is long long long and takes a while to dry. I am always on the look out for products that save on the amount of washes my hair needs during the week. I know this must sound a bit gross, but there are many things I would rather do than wash my hair and then dry it. 



So in light of this - it takes some really special products for me to want to spend time in the shower. The first one on my list is Clean On Me by Soap & Glory (£5.50 and you can buy it here). I have serious love for this product - I honestly don't feel clean unless I use this in the shower. I know it's a bit pricey but lasts for ages - as it is such a thick and creamy product that you don't need to use as much as you would for a cheaper shower gel.   It also has a lovely smell, and leaves you skin feeling moisturised, which is a nice bonus. 




My next product on my list is BIG Shampoo from Lush (£11.25 click to buy here). I got this as a Christmas Gift from my mum, as I had seen rave reviews all over the beauty blogging world. Oh my - I do not know what I was even using on my hair before this!! I have long, fine hair, the change in my hair since using this is unbelievable, it looks much thicker and feels super clean. It is quite strange to use for the first time, the big bits of rock salt kind of throw you, and I have not used a shampoo that I've had to scoop out a pot before. The pot might actually be my only complaint about this product, as it is a bit fiddly to use in the shower, I often worry I'm going to loose half of it down the plughole or accidentally filling it up with water under the shower. Let's not finish on a negative though - this shampoo is amazing, and if you have not tried it DO IT! Do it now!!




Lastly for my 'in-shower products' I am going to mention Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush Body Scrub (£8.00 you can find it here), this is a great scrub. It has a gorgeous texture, and smell. Oh the smell - it's so good you would almost consider spreading it on toast, it has a rich buttery and lemony smell that I can't get enough of. The consistency for this is really great, a mix of large brown granules, and the smaller sugar granules, which makes for a super scrub. This also suffers from the same problem as the lush shampoo, which is the tub issue. As you can see from my photo, there is a slight layer where water has leaked in during my shower.   

What's that you say - she doesn't use a conditioner in the shower?! Well the answer to that is no, or at least not often. I find if I use conditioner it can make my hair a bit greasy, and as I like to leave my hair for a day or so between washes I'd rather use a hair oil on the end of my hair after it has been towel dried. My favourite oil without doubt is Moroccanoil which costs a frightening £30.45 (I bought mine from Feel Unique - which has free delivery which softened the blow somewhat). It keeps my hair feeling soft, looking shiny and most importantly - no grease!! Much love.

Something that I have really been taking care in doing over the past six months or so is using body lotions after showering. It has made such a difference to my skin - I am so proud of myself (it's the small things people). I think I'll do a body lotion review another time, as I think it merits a separate post.

Obviously it goes without saying that these are my own views and opinions, and I cannot guarantee what works for me will work for you. Does anyone have any products they'd like to recommend that I've not mentioned here?

Heather xxx

2 comments:

  1. I've literally never heard of that "Big" shampoo from Lush, I must of been under a blogging rock or something! I must say, I WANT IT NOW. My hair is so thin and flat it's so depressing! Great first post of the new year heather :) So glad you're blogging again!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't either until a few months ago - so glad I have now. It has changed my hair!! Love it!!

    Thanks for taking the time to have a look at the blog!

    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete