Thursday 10 January 2013

Heroes



I am going to treat this blog post almost as a follow up to my previous post on showering. This is a post dedicated to my post-shower heroes. These are the products that I swear by to keep my skin silky smooth. I managed to collect these guys together in my bookshelf studio for a little photo shoot - so it only seems right they get a little review.


As it would be wrong to have a post without mentioning a Soap & Glory product in the world of bathing and body care, here is Smoothie Star (£10.00, you can buy it here ). I have long been a fan of The Righteous Butter  but I tend to use this one more often as it is so easy to use. I really like that Soap & Glory body milks/lotions tend to come with a pump, makes it so easy to apply, especially if you are in a hurry - or are like me and are a wee smidge lazy. I would say that this feels more like a lotion to use rather than a milk - it has quite a thick texture, which really really luxurious. A little treat to start the day, if you will. Oh and let's not forget the smell of this - which I'd say is almost popcorny, maybe that's just me, but I love it and wish I could lick it off my skin as soon as I apply it.


My second hero is Vaseline Aloe Fresh Moisturiser (which is half price in Tesco just now - which is always a nice bonus). I love the smell of this, it is really fresh, great for summertime - when it comes. I like using this after shaving, as the skin on my legs can be quite sensitive, this is great as it doesn't irritate them. Also it almost has a slight gel feel to it - please don't let this put you off, it feels nice, I promise. It dries into the skin really quickly, so that's always a plus - I hate the feeling of putting your clothes on and your body lotion still has to sink into the skin. BLARGH!!



I do not know where I had been hiding but I only used Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula (again Tesco had an offer) for the first time a few months ago. I really love this, it has a great smell - which as you guys are getting by now, is a big deal for me. It is retails at a really great, low price for such a high quality product. I was getting dry patches on my arms, which have been kicked to the curb thanks to this lotion. I love that this is so reasonably priced when I use it most days. The only drawback I have is that it takes a while to sink into your skin, so I tend to use this on days that I'm not in a rush after showering. It is ideal to use after an evening shower when you can fire your jammas on afterwards.


My last little hero is Bio-Oil (Boots have a buy one get one free on the 200ml just now). I like to mix this in with my body lotions as I think it gives my skin a little extra glow and sheen. I also apply it neat onto any little scars or healing cuts from shaving that I have, and I think it really does help reduce any redness, and even makes old scars look a bit better. 

So here are my favourite products to use after showering, what are your must use products for keeping your skin looking tip top? 

It goes without saying that these are my own views and opinions, and I cannot guarantee what works for me will work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment