Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Ick Factor

I have been sitting with my laptop on my knee for a while trying to work out how to word this blogpost - without feeling like Dawn Porter talking about wiping bums. I know we all like reading about the latest Mac collections or a new range of Barry M nail varnishes, but sometimes it's good to know what works for the -shall we say - unsightly beauty issues that plague our otherwise perfect looks. Lolzers. 

Right moving on, for the past few months I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks, and it has had an affect on my skin. Most notably my scalp. YUK! So even after I have washed my hair my scalp was flaking about all over the shop and made me feel like my hair was still dirty. DOUBLE YUK! After giving Head and Shoulders a go and not noticing a great difference, I decided to look to Lush for a cure after the rip-roaring success of the BIG shampoo

I was right to look to Lush - I have fallen in love with another product of theirs - Superbalm (£12.00, from Lush). On the website they say that this is a treatment you should use to remove product build up. For me the main benefit of this product is soothing an itchy scalp, and removing those double yuk flakes. It has a lovely lavender smell, which is nice and relaxing. It starts off as a balm, and then melts into an oil, which you then massage into your scalp - this can be a bit tricky, especially if you have long hair like me. I usually end up sectioning my hair to make sure the product goes on my scalp rather than my hair. My hair is fine, and if this isn't washed out properly then it can weight it down. It's always good to give your hair a few shampoos after you use this, but I find that the BIG shampoo takes any greasiness out of my hair. I use this once a week, and I am really pleased with the results.

Heather xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment