Monday 8 July 2019

Life Hacks

Simple things that have made me feel better over the past few days.

  • Sleeping, and knowing when I've done to much sleeping and need to get out and do things.
  • Gardening.
  • Washing my beautiful car (I might write about this later on, but after five years of driving about in my wee Fox I have a lovely new car - that I was so proud of I painted my nails the same colour as it for about three weeks after getting it .FYI I did not have to purchase the specific colour I have that many nail polishes*).
  • Being outside - even for a minute.
  • Housework.
  • Hoovering my bedroom floor - this does not come under housework - it is it's own separate task (if you have anxiety you may find this familiar, too much stuff clutter everything a bit hard to organise?)
  • Reading the amazing Help Me! by Marianne Power. 10/10 would recommend as it has saved me from reading all the self help books and has guided me to a couple I (already own) and sounded the most useful to me. Her account of trying to find herself, and change herself was just wonderful. I was impressed and in awe of her bravery at the start of the book, and related to getting too much into self help, and the impact it has on her relationship with her friend Sarah. I am going to be reading The Power Of Now and Daring Greatly soon, and 100% making a vision board a la The Secret.
  • Staying connected with friends and family.
  • Taking responsibility and not hiding away from things.
  • Sharing my experience
  • Writing - I love writing, when I was a teenager I used to carry a notebook with me everywhere just in case I had some thought or idea that I wanted to remember - note down- if you will, I don't do that anymore and it makes me sad. I use my phone instead I guess?
  • Having a bath - being in water is the best, and if I would live in water I would.
  • Kath and Kim, please watch this if you haven't already
  • KYLIE Minogue!! 
  • Camomile and herbal tea.
  • Great Memes and Gifs.
  • Spending time with Colin.
  • Knowing how much my Mum and Dad love me.
  • Friends reaching out.
  • Podcasts - shout outs to My Favourite Murder, They Walk Among Us, Table Manners and Jules and Sarah (aways a fave - and really helped with the room tidying/hoovering).
  • Knowing I have a counselling appointment soon.
  • Maybe a bit more sleeping?
  • Quetiapine and  Clomipramine 
*I did not buy the car based on my nail polish collection.

Do you have any self care tips? I am thinking about doing a follow up post on things I should be doing but haven't yet - so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment